Ryan Ressler, CPA

RMS’ First Controller Focused on Helping RMS Make Informed Decisions for Strategic Growth

Ryan Ressler started at Road Machinery & Supplies Co. as Controller in June. While the move into the heavy equipment industry is new for him, he didn’t need any directions to his new employer on his first day.

“My wife and I moved to Savage in 2016, and I drove past RMS every day. It was like two blocks from our house,” said Ressler. “Unfortunately, we moved (about 20 minutes away) to Carver, Minn., in March, so now I have a commute.”

Aside from a familiar location, once Ressler began the interview process with RMS, he knew it would be a good fit.

“In talking with (CFO) Troy Johnson and (CEO) Mike Sill II, it was clear that it is a very exciting time here at RMS with all the growth it was experiencing,” said Ressler. “Once I started meeting the people here, I knew this was where I wanted to be."

“The size of the company was another factor. My previous employer was acquired by a large, public company that was really going to change the scope of my job. When I saw RMS had an opening, it caught my eye.”

Ressler is the first Controller in the 95-year history of RMS, and it is a position that has become necessary as growth has evolved the company into a larger, diversified business. Ressler comes to RMS with his own diversified work experience that will be useful in his role as Controller.

“This will allow Troy to focus his efforts on strategic growth and development. As diversified and large as RMS is, there is a lot that goes into making decisions, specifically from a financial standpoint. I look forward to providing the decision makers with the information they need to continue to grow the business.”

While working with numbers is the focus of the position, Ressler is excited about learning a new industry and learning how the numbers correlate to RMS’ business.

“I am very excited to be in the heavy equipment industry and learn all about it. There’s a lot of really interesting aspects to what we do here, and I can’t wait to take it all in.”

Outside of the office, Ressler spends his time with his young and growing family. He and his wife, Megan, have an 8-month-old, Brecken, old 4-year-old, Hudson.

“I like to golf, but the rounds have gone down as the kids have come along,” he joked. “It’s great. We love hanging out and spending time together.”


Ryan Ressler is the first Controller in Road Machinery & Supplies Co.’s 95-year history. In this role, he will focus on data and help RMS implement its strategic initiatives in an informed and efficient manner.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lance Arnett joins Road Machinery & Supplies Co. as Vice President, Product Support

RMS Delivers PC7000 Komatsu Excavator

Ben Schmidtlein promoted to Vice President of Aggregate